Comments

You are welcome to comment on the song or share your thoughts / recollections of 9/11 below:

17 Responses to Comments

• Drew Brown says:

Amazing song! Really set a great mood for the unveiling of the eagle at the Project 9/11 Indianapolis ceremony. Keep up the good work!

• Mike Kershner says:

Truthfully, I was expecting something kind of trite and maudlin ….My Bad ….It’s great !!!
    As a “word person” I gotta tell ya …..I’m in love with the chorus. Were I personally touched
    by 9-11, I think the pain and resolve of the chorus would probably sum it up for me !!!
    Godspeed to you both !!!

• Dan ! It seems I’ve known you and your loving and outgoing family for ages and knew you had music talents ! I am so very proud of you ! You are blessed ! I host a one hour live weekly show called “Musical Memories” on all-volunteer community radio station, WRHC-LP 106.7 fm in Three Oaks, Michigan, and plan to give your song airtime ! We webstream 24/7 at http://www.radioharborcountry.org

• Debbie Davis says:

Dan,
    This is quite awesome to see this song finally out there for all to enjoy.. I remember hearing back when you first did it. I loved it then and I love it now. This is quite a tribute to America and the many lives that were lost during this horrible day.. Keep up the good work..
    Debbie

• Eric Bahm says:

Really like the song.

• Dotti says:

Thank you for sending me this song. I absolutely love what you and your brother has done. The song says it all. Again, what a beautiful song! Take care and have many awesome days ahead of you. Dotti

• Patty Lewis says:

WOW! LOVE this song- the words say it all!
    As a mother of a US Marine that served his 4 years (2003-2007) with 3 deployments and being the president of America 4R Marines non profit Inc.- I can tell you first hand this is how our Military feels. For the past ten years since thousands of innocent lives were taking on 9/11/2001 our Military has been in two wars. Lives lost is also in the thousands- all while protecting and defending the Freedoms we reap as Americans.

Although they have fought in volatile environments, fighting against an enemy not identifiable by a specific uniform- seeing their brothers and sisters die by their side- they know life must go forward. They mourn then need to move forward on their missions.

WE must never forget all the lives lost the past 10 years and unfortunately in the days and months that lies ahead.
    However the moving force forward is the fact that “THE EAGLE STILL FLIES!”
    I salute all previous and present members of the United States Military for the FREEDOMS we all reap as Americans!
    Semper Fidelis!
    God bless our Military, past and present, and all our “Special Angels”

• A very moving tribute to the resiliency of the American spirit. Well done!

• Sheila Reitz says:

What an AWESOME song! You all did such a fantastic job. My husband spent 20 years in the United States Air Force and retired back in 2005. I strongly remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when he came to tell me that something terrible had happened on 9/11/2001 and that he may have to go away for awhile. I looked him in the eye with tears in my eyes, hugged him and told him I loved him. This song honors all the brave men and women in our military and their families that give of themselves everyday to ensure that freedom still stands and that the “Eagle Still Flies”.

• Linda Cowdrey says:

I saw this link on the local news WSBT’s facebook account. I was so excited. I had heard Dan sing this when they first put the song together. I loved it then and even more so now. It is a beautiful song of hope and inspiration. America needs a song like this. I am proudly passing this song on to my friends. Thank you Dan and Danette, for taking the time to listen to your heart and write this song. Thank you for never giving up. Thank you for this song that will touch the hearts of generations to come. Your friends and forever fans, Gary and Linda.

• Ryan Greutman says:

Great song, Dan. You and your sister did a great job putting it together and you performed it masterfully. I like how you took a negative situation and were able to turn it into an uplifting song.

• Neal Eiden says:

Dan, I have been sending this to everyone I know. Colin Raye would just not have had the passion and feeling your brought to this truely emotional song. Look forward to hearing more from you and Danette in the future. This is your calling!

• Robin Lusk says:

Awesome Song Dan, What a beautiful Colaberation, Truly very touching, speaks right to the heart!! Love it!!!

• Tammy Hibbs says:

Dan did a fanatasic job on this song. The words were very meaningful, nice colaberation better brother and sister. I caught myself rocking to the beat. thanks for sharing.

• Jim D'Haenens says:

Awesome Dan………How fitting with the recent news , Hopefully thing awesome song with so much meaning will also soar too!

• Phyllis Boor says:

Awesome song. Thanks for the great job.